Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Five foot two, or five feet two?

Here are some responses:

"unless you're asking in the philosophical sense, it's 5 foot two"

"feet is used not as often in comparison to foot; usually people use when they are abotu to give teh word inches, like 5 feet two inches..."

"I think it's foot, but then people call me 5 feet tall so i'm confused..."

"I think it 5 foot 2, but my friend said it's 5 feet 2 and she is smarter, so..."

"I thought five feet two inches works, thus five feet two works; but I always say five foot two."

"FIVE FOOT TWO"

"hmm...that is a very good question. I'll have to think about that."

*The correct answer, as far as I understand, is five foot two, since "foot" in this case is an adjective; in the case of "five feet", "feet" is a noun. However, I'm not sure about this adjective/noun explanation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Minch said...

five foot two

7:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home